Blocked Bile Ducts -PTC
Ideal for patients who have conditions that cause blocked bile ducts:
- inflammation of the pancreas or bile ducts
- tumours – pancreatic cancer, gallbladder, bile duct, liver or enlarged lymph nodes due to a variety of different tumours
- gallstones, either in the gallbladder or in the bile ducts
- injury to the bile ducts during surgery
- No surgical incision is required – only a small nick in the skin that does not need to be stitched closed.
- Additional risks of open surgery are avoided.
- Shorter hospital stay than that of open surgery.
- Recovery time is significantly shorter than open surgery.